Maggie Dawson PGDip Paediatrics BSc(Hons) Physiotherapy MCSP
I studied Physiotherapy at King's College London, graduating in 2008. I have been registered with the Health & Care Professions Council since then and have an immaculate record of professional conduct and practice. I am fully insured, have a DBS certificate and am first aid trained to ensure the safety of you and your child.
Since graduating, I have worked in a range of settings and environments including charitable work in Tanzania and Malaysia, spending four years working in Australia and most recently in the Cayman Islands where I was the sole paediatric physiotherapist for the three islands. I have worked in private and public sectors.
Since doing my bachelors degree, I have gone on to do further specialised training in Paediatrics and obtained a Postgraduate Diploma from University College London in 2014. I have completed a range of post-graduate courses. I am a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP), the Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists (APCP) and the Medico-Legal Chartered Society for Physiotherapists (MLACP). I am always staying on top of new forms of practice, changes in the NHS and enhancing my own clinical practice. I am a highly motivated, driven and passionate physiotherapist and look forward to working with you and your child to meet their goals.
Additional Courses & Training:
(to name a few...)
- Currently undertaking the Bond Solon Cardiff University Bond Solon Civil Expert Certificate
- PGDip Advanced Paediatric Physiotherapy
- Alied Acupuncture accreditation course
- Elaine Owens ‘Orthotic Prescription & Management’ Advanced Level
- ADAPT Study Day – ‘Working Abroad’ 2 days
- Esther de Ru Paediatric Taping
- Gross Motor Function Measure & other Outcome Measures by the Bobath Centre
- APCP Conference ‘Paediatric Conference’
- NDT/Bobath Aquatic Physiotherapy
- Developmental Orthopaedics
- CP Workshop with CP Register
- Normal Movement NDT/Bobath Therapy
- Introduction to Bobath
- Sensory Integration Basic Training
- New advances in treatment of Movement Disorders
- Assessment & Treatment of the Dizzy Patient
- Evening lecture series on Paediatric Physiotherapy, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Short courses on Dry Needling, Fledenkrais, Chronic Pain and PNF